Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 23rd August 2926

(48 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 23-Aug-26 04:59:27

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Today apart from household chores , I will be watching nits of the Women's Tour of Britain based around Leaming ton Spa and South Warwickshire , and also the Tour of Spain
Locally I have read we have a Strictly contestant who lives in Brackley who presents Dogs behaving Badly on C5 .
Health OK ,
Take Care,
Mick

WhiteSwan63 Sat 05-Sept-26 11:08:46

Good morning from a lovely day on the east coast though it’s very windy.

Today we are going out to buy a new dolce gusto coffee machine. Ours has packed up so it’s a trip to Curry’s I think. We need to pick up some veggies for tomorrow to do a roast for DGS coming. He’s been asking for Grandma and Grandad on holiday so DS will pick him tomorrow and come over. We have all missed him. He’s had a super time in Turkey🌞

Tonight we are going out for a curry with our best friends. I’m on this calorie counting so it will be a dry curry for me and I’ll probably drive so won’t be tempted by wine.

Welcome Truffle43

Have a lovely day🌼
Thinking of those finding life a struggle at the moment💐

Truffle43 Sat 05-Sept-26 06:22:46

Thank you Aggie.

aggie Mon 31-Aug-26 09:49:16

Hi Truffle Michael starts a new thread every day , look for today’s under heading Bankholiday Monday

Truffle43 Mon 31-Aug-26 09:17:49

Good morning all. Dull here today but the grass is looking green again. Amazed at how quickly this has happened. Been out walked the dog and now having a well earned breakfast.

Truffle43 Mon 24-Aug-26 21:44:56

Thank you everyone
you’ve made me feel welcome. Sorry it has taken a while to respond but I’ve been so busy. Hard to believe I used to work how did I ever find the time.

BlueSapphire Sun 23-Aug-26 12:48:48

Welcome Truffle!

Greyduster Sun 23-Aug-26 12:42:35

Ilovedogs my plum tree is Czar. Good for eating and even better for cooking and making jam. The fruit has been excellent and bountiful this year.

Welcome Truffle - jump right in!

Blossoming Sun 23-Aug-26 11:32:50

Good morning everyone from sunny 17° Lancashire.

It’s cooler today but still feeling hot in the sun as the breeze has dropped. MrB and I have had a lovely walk along the dockside, bird watching.

Wishing you all a good day whatever you’re doing 🌹

monk08 Sun 23-Aug-26 10:56:21

Welcome Truffle 👋

Ilovedogs22 Sun 23-Aug-26 10:50:52

Good morning everyone from the west midlands. A beautiful , bright vaguely autumnal day here today.
I've just been picking more beautiful plums from the little plum tree.
It was in the bargain basement & going for a couple of quid when I found him 4yrs ago. The blossom is beauteous & it is now producing delicious, fragrant, almost black plums; a variety possibly Czar I think, Small blessings.
Best wishes to all & may everyone have the best day possible.

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 23-Aug-26 10:50:29

Morning all from a beautiful West Oxfordshire. Welcome Truffle.

My post disappeared again! We are out for lunch with our daughter who is here for a couple of days.

Have a good day in the sun.

Jaxjacky Sun 23-Aug-26 10:37:26

Hi Truffle and welcome, we’re not far away from you, south Hampshire.

Redcar Sun 23-Aug-26 10:29:58

Welcome truffle, I start my day by reading and posting on this thread. We’re all very friendly and kind!

Roses Sun 23-Aug-26 10:18:27

Welcome Truffle I always start my day reading this thread.
I’m sure you will enjoy it

Grammaretto Sun 23-Aug-26 10:18:00

Hello Truffle. Please join in.
I love imagining people and where they live from their morning posts.
Sometimes we have meetups though I doubt I'd get to the I of W.
I lived there for a short time as a small child.

kittylester Sun 23-Aug-26 10:10:18

A late good morning from a sunny North Leicestershire.

Not a lot happening here apart from roast pork for lunch and the papers this afternoon. It's been a hectic summer, especially the last couple of weeks. DH is going to try driving today to see if his foot holds up.

Welcome Truffle - new posters are always welcome here.

I'm off to catch up. Have the best day possible everyone.

Marydoll Sun 23-Aug-26 10:04:32

Welcome Truffle.

Grandmabatty Sun 23-Aug-26 10:03:37

Truffle43 welcome to Micks thread. Newcomers are welcomed. Mick posts first and we all join in.

Grammaretto Sun 23-Aug-26 09:47:19

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. A touch of autumn in the air.
I ventured out and picked the last of the plums - the rest I can't reach and will be for the birds insects and no doubt, grey squirrels. I picked a few apples as well but I think I will take them to the annual apple pressing at the community store.

Yesterday turned into a rather too sociable day so I achieved little. I have however been offered 2 different places to stay temporarily if my flitting happens before finding a new home.

I did pack my kiln and today I must glaze the contents ready for open studios next week and the following weekend. This is our arts festival. It's less ambitious than usual due to the loss of our art centre this year -lack of money but also an ageing team.
What do the younger generation do?

Well done Ash on your theatre run.

Marydoll Your parishioner sent to try you sounds familiar to me. We have a similar character in our community. Commiserations.

I'm glad Rosesandlilac you are taking things a bit easier. Hope it continues and you heal quickly.

Hoping you all have a pleasant Sunday.

Truffle43 Sun 23-Aug-26 09:45:14

This sounds like a lovely friendly chat group do you mind if I join in from Isle of Wight.

aggie Sun 23-Aug-26 09:25:12

Good morning from a cooler overcast Co Armagh
It’s a bit odd here eating my porridge, surrounded by tomato plants ! Glad they are inside , it was cold last night
Madeliene if your leg isnt a bit better you must get it looked at tomorrow
MD you need to hide for a week to get those cross people off your back
Best wishes to all the poorly for a better day

BlueSapphire Sun 23-Aug-26 09:09:13

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny 🌞 Northampton, a fine day ahead so have just put some washing in the machine.

A bus trip to local retail park late morning yesterday, coffee and a bacon roll in Costa followed by a mooch around the shops. Was pleased to find Sainsburys had a good stock of low dose aspirin in so bought 3 packs.

Will do a bit of tidying this morning as DS and family will be dropping in this afternoon - I have some gifts (well, money actually) for the DGDs to mark their exam success. Hoping DS will fix my printer which is off-line... He has also asked me if I have any spare kitchen stuff/crockery that DGD1 could have for uni!

A gammon to cook for dinner which will also give me another meal or two.

Wishing all a pleasant cooler Sunday.

Jaxjacky Sun 23-Aug-26 08:56:37

Morning from a sunny S Hants, it was cloudy earlier, a fresher feel to the air although we’re due 24 later.
My daughter rang late yesterday afternoon, she was in our local, did we fancy going down, off we went. She knows there will always be someone she knows there, it’s very much a community hub.
Today I’ll carry on slowly pruning, MrJ has just put the washing out, I’m fervently hoping for rain this week.
Have a pleasant Sunday all.
🦩🦩

harrigran Sun 23-Aug-26 08:49:01

Good morning from a bright NE but I am guessing it is cool as the heating is on again.
DS and GDs visited yesterday. We had tea and biscuits and a chat then GD2 got on with doing some art, mandatory homework, before starting 6th form.
GD1 binge watched Ghosts, she never usually watches TV, just a couple of streaming apps.
DS got out my wheelchair and took me for a walk to our local park. It has a secret walled garden but the gate was padlocked when we got there, I suspect it was to prevent vandalism. There have been arson attacks on buildings in the park.
DS played the mandolin in the music room after dinner and then GD played the piano while GD1 remained engrossed in Ghosts.
Quiet day today, will do some reading then watch the final of the piano.
Have a good day.

brook2704 Sun 23-Aug-26 08:28:14

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a lovely sunny start to the day
A worrying time with your DB lulu
After a busy day yesterday out and about I think we’ll be staying in today and pottering around the house and garden. First though I’ve a video call planned with DS to catch up on all his news. It’ll be lovely to chat to him, out of all my 3 children he’s the one who makes the most effort to keep in touch, I really appreciate it
Enjoy treating yourself today Ekwa sounds like a good plan!
Hope everyone has the best day they can, take care all 💐