Gransnet forums

Chat

Eating in bed

(95 Posts)
MissAdventure Sat 22-Aug-26 09:41:35

Do you?
A full English breakfast, or the odd slice of toast?

I've just has toast, and made lots of crumbs, which no doubt I'll regret tonight, but it just set me wondering if I'm a horrible woman for not getting up to eat.

knspol Mon 24-Aug-26 14:17:42

I do occasionally get up and make myself tea and toast to take back to bed and really enjoy it, no problem at all with crumbs. Trouble is really don't want to get up after this!

TillyWhiz Mon 24-Aug-26 14:12:47

Oh yes. Every day. On my own with no stairs, cup of herbal tea and a biscuits, then up to feed the birds, then back to bed with a bowl of cereal, fruit and oatmilk.
Read the news online, sort out my social media and a game of two then I'm ready for the day.

Margs Mon 24-Aug-26 14:09:42

Tea, crumby toast, marmalade, soft boiled egg........perfect recipe for another fine mess!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Jojo1950 Mon 24-Aug-26 14:05:26

I do as unwell! Always first cuppa in bed though . Then used to up and about when younger! But do what feels right for you !💐

Missiseff Mon 24-Aug-26 13:45:21

Never, unless I'm ill

RosesandLilac Sun 23-Aug-26 07:09:39

Greyduster

A large cup of coffee and two digestive biscuits - each of which has to be broken in half - eaten in bed, is my morning ritual from which I never deviate wherever I find myself. An actual breakfast in bed would be a recipe for disaster for me - I can barely sit at the table these days without making a mess!

Snap!
That’s what I have too Greyduster 😊
I’ve never eaten breakfast in bed, mainly because I’d have to go and make it myself and carry it back upstairs which seems a tad pointless to me!

GrannyIvy Sun 23-Aug-26 06:53:32

No never just an occasional coffee in bed in the morning. I’m not really a breakfast person just eat a banana on the run

cornergran Sun 23-Aug-26 06:34:30

Always tea in bed sometimes followed by more tea and cereal or a croissant. A unfolded tea towel under the bowl or plate deals with crumbs or escaping cereal.

MissAdventure Sun 23-Aug-26 01:46:10

Im off to climb into my little crumby bed in a minute, and I'm not looking forward to it one bit.
smile
Nobody to blame except myself.
Perhaps my food in bed days are drawing to an end.

Silvergirl Sat 22-Aug-26 21:58:00

My hubby brings me tea and toast every morning in bed. I use a tray so there is no problem with crumbs.

PaperMonster2 Sat 22-Aug-26 21:42:54

I bring my daughter breakfast in bed most days!

PaperMonster2 Sat 22-Aug-26 21:42:27

I only eat breakfast at weekends when I have an almond croissant in bed. I have a coffee in bed every morning.

Mollygo Sat 22-Aug-26 21:09:35

Carenza123

I never had food or drink when I was a child in bed. The only exception was if I was ill in bed and I was allowed Lucozade.

Same here Carenza123.
We knew we were really ill if we were made or allowed to stay in bed and got Lucozade.

I get a cup of tea in bed if I’m still there after DH gets up, but I’m usually out with the dog before that, so he keeps it downstairs.

Casdon Sat 22-Aug-26 20:14:04

No eating in bed, but the first coffee of the day in bed is heaven.

Carenza123 Sat 22-Aug-26 20:09:04

I never had food or drink when I was a child in bed. The only exception was if I was ill in bed and I was allowed Lucozade.

grandMattie Sat 22-Aug-26 17:04:25

My husband forbade me to eat biscuits in bed. Crumbs. He wasn’t that keen on me drinking in bed either, which was why I used to get up at ungodly hours…
Now widowed, I can do exactly what I want!

Labradora Sat 22-Aug-26 17:02:18

Very rarely but not never.
Always Tea and Coffee.
Cereal very occasionally.
Never toast.
I'm a Crumb Monster.

Gwyllt Sat 22-Aug-26 16:44:21

If I ate breakfast I would probably enjoy it in bed.
Would have no trouble with the crumbs as the dog would likely clear up

TwiceAsNice Sat 22-Aug-26 16:27:33

Have a cup of tea in bed every morning . Don’t generally eat in bed except the occasional biscuit or piece of toast

62Granny Sat 22-Aug-26 15:37:10

No from me too , I do have a cup of coffee first thing very occasionally a biscuit, but I could never eat a meal in bed, I can never get comfortable enough sitting up tbh.

Bellasnana Sat 22-Aug-26 15:34:30

No, never. Just a cup of tea before I get going. I don’t eat anything before lunchtime.

HowVeryDareYou2 Sat 22-Aug-26 15:34:02

I don't ever eat or drink anything in bed. I like to be downstairs first for a while.

Susiewong65 Sat 22-Aug-26 15:33:13

I quite like a cup of tea and a crumpet, no crumbs with those.

Pigma Sat 22-Aug-26 15:28:30

Not now but when my grandsons were little and came to stay, they loved coming to wake us up in the morning and would climb into my bed to play and sing songs. DH would go down and make toast and we would have toast and jam ‘picnics’ in bed on their last morning. Lovely happy memories.
Had to change the bed after they’d gone home though, which is why we limited the bed picnics to their last morning!
They’re all grown up now but still remember their toast and jam picnics.

Patsy70 Sat 22-Aug-26 15:21:18

No, dread the thought of it.
However, when OH and I first got together we used to have tea and dark chocolate digestives on a Sunday morning, with the papers.