Gransnet forums

Chat

Government Alert about Wildfires

(83 Posts)
JaneJudge Fri 14-Aug-26 19:08:11

midgey it's for other places too who are in whatever zone of dryness - amber and above most probably

Jaxjacky Fri 14-Aug-26 19:08:04

Yes, South Hampshire.

Oldbutstilluseful Fri 14-Aug-26 19:07:49

Yes[, me too. Good to know the system works, but not the reason for it

JaneJudge Fri 14-Aug-26 19:07:15

yes
we were warned by a local councillor though about 2 hours ago

it is so dry here sad why anyone would have a fag or bbq is beyond me

midgey Fri 14-Aug-26 19:07:09

It’s says it’s for Wales! I don’t live in Wales……

Dickens Fri 14-Aug-26 19:06:24

Yes, it made me jump, too...

Aldom Fri 14-Aug-26 19:06:02

Just received the alert about three minutes ago.

TerriBull Fri 14-Aug-26 19:04:53

I've just had one, I nearly jumped out of my skin shock not a sound I usually associate with my phone.

Anyone else?