Gransnet forums

Chat

At last, one that I enjoy.

(56 Posts)
chicken Thu 13-Aug-26 17:05:00

I’ve found an advert. on TV that I actually enjoyed watching! It was the one for Air ram cleaners that features a crowd of animated dust particles being swept up in a hurry as unexpected visitors arrive. I can’t remember the last time that I would willingly watch an advert. again. I still dislike intensely the chewing gum one of a head with two mouths, and the one with a girl who screams at the sight of a drop of blood when she cleans her teeth. Has anyone spotted another advert. that’s actually worth a second look?

ferry23 Fri 14-Aug-26 16:03:34

Those old adverts that had a narrative and were funny, intriguing...they were the best.

A couple mentioned upthread. Always waiting to see the next installment of the Gold Blend ad.

Joan Collins & Leonard Rossiter, Cinzano - classic

The PG Tips chimps.

Lorraine Chase - Campari and Luton Airport

Nice one Cyril - Wonderloaf ad. Which, incidentally was created by Peter Mayle who went on to write the hugely successful A Year in Provence followed by his travel memoirs.

The martians in For Mash get Smash.

They don't make them like that any more.

62Granny Fri 14-Aug-26 15:55:16

Ferry23 another yes from me too.
???
My DH dislikes the one on the radio, for Boots advertising hearing aids, saying "he should have collected Bread but instead he collected Fred his grandson." I think it is just that it reminds him of his own hearing loss🙄

SillyNanny321 Fri 14-Aug-26 15:49:28

The current Greyhound rescue one with 3 beautiful greyhounds is one I like at the moment.

FranP Fri 14-Aug-26 15:33:49

Always try to turn over for adverts, but getting exasperated with the number of burial policy and equity release ones.
The rude demanding child haranguing her father in Lidl one gets up my nose.
The snotty voice over in the Viking cruise - does anyone talk like that?
My DH says the standard is poor compared to earlier (Katy on Oxo, Nescafe romance) but I do like the grandma on the train.

However, the point of an advert is to remember which product, so one of the winners for me was the Abbey Life one, couple wandering through a pretty village - but the song was "The man who said Abbey Life he was right" about a dozen times, so it worked.

ReturningFromExile Fri 14-Aug-26 15:29:01

I love the SpecSavers one about the shortsighted vet applying a stethoscope to a fur hat in mistake for a moggy!

FranP Fri 14-Aug-26 15:24:52

RSALLAN2002

The one where they dance around singing about upset stomach, indigestion and diahharoeah. Cant remember what its for. There seems to be no limit to bad taste in adverts these days.

I always wondered if any of the singers or dancers ever thought their career would include clutching their rear end singing diarrhea <lol>

Camry1952 Fri 14-Aug-26 14:45:12

There's one in the U.S that may run in other countries. It features Amy Schumer lecturing to a group of women about menopause. She starts listing the side effects in a loud animated voice: brain fog, hot flashes, sleep disruption , mood swings .Then she screams out RAGE! For some reason I laugh every time.

icanhandthemback Fri 14-Aug-26 14:38:44

As opposed to some GNetters' views, I quite like the little girl's demanding shopping list with her father.

I hate that advert with a capital H!

The one where they dance around singing about upset stomach, indigestion and diahharoeah. Cant remember what it's for. There seems to be no limit to bad taste in adverts these days.

I'm with you on that!"

I absolutely loathe Stephen Fry's Sainsbury's adverts and Curry's adverts. I don't know who wrote the latter's campaigns but I think they insult anybody's basic intelligence.

I like, "What has the BBC ever done for me" although it will probably wear thin. I think Specsavers are classics and any advert with dogs which makes my dog interested in the tv usually tickle me.

Nannee49 Fri 14-Aug-26 14:35:13

I like the tortoise one - catchy, carefree tune - and the Gran and Granddaughter one too...those were the days!

theworriedwell Fri 14-Aug-26 14:31:07

I don't like the Lidl one with the cheeky little girl interrogating her dad. She's a good little actress though.

theworriedwell Fri 14-Aug-26 14:29:58

I like the tortoise one, it's a train one but I can't remember the company.

Cossy Fri 14-Aug-26 14:28:31

ferry23

I quite like the train advert where Grandma is telling GD about falling in love when she was in Italy. GD says she didn't know her and Grandad had met in Italy and Grandma says "oh no that was the next year".

A good example of reminding these youngsters that Grandmas were young once upon a time!

I love that advert

knspol Fri 14-Aug-26 14:22:41

Calendargirl

ferry23

I quite like the train advert where Grandma is telling GD about falling in love when she was in Italy. GD says she didn't know her and Grandad had met in Italy and Grandma says "oh no that was the next year".

A good example of reminding these youngsters that Grandmas were young once upon a time!

Yes, I like that one.

Me too like it on so many levels!

namo Fri 14-Aug-26 14:05:36

The Avios advert of people gliding across the sea on e-foils (surfboards) carrying shopping, with soundtrack of “Seasons” by Future Islands which I remember from 2015 Glastonbury.

Tooyoungytobeagrandma Fri 14-Aug-26 14:04:02

ferry23

I quite like the train advert where Grandma is telling GD about falling in love when she was in Italy. GD says she didn't know her and Grandad had met in Italy and Grandma says "oh no that was the next year".

A good example of reminding these youngsters that Grandmas were young once upon a time!

Yes, another that likes that add. Reminds me of a conversation with an old friend reminiscing about our younger days. My dd piped up, "YOU used to go to clubs in Ibiza"??? Well yes, we were young, free and single once and made the most of it. She was horrified 🤣 (good job we didnt menion everything we got up to 😉)

Wedi Fri 14-Aug-26 14:00:03

I too like the anxious owner waiting for his dog , which arrives with highly coloured plasters on his legs .
I've tried to discover the actor who plays the owner . Does anyone know his name ?

Another one who likes the "falling in love" Grandma one .

bigmama1960 Fri 14-Aug-26 13:54:47

I also like the train one but I really like the Barclays one with grandad looking after Granddaughter on his shoulders while she is putting stickers on his head. It's very human and loving ❤️

Heathcliff23 Fri 14-Aug-26 13:51:47

I’m detest this advert and cannot bear to listen to it.

RSALLAN2002 Fri 14-Aug-26 13:43:59

The one where they dance around singing about upset stomach, indigestion and diahharoeah. Cant remember what its for. There seems to be no limit to bad taste in adverts these days.

monami Fri 14-Aug-26 13:41:49

Toilet roll

Bukkie Fri 14-Aug-26 12:16:10

Ferry 23 I agree and I think it is proving popular. We also like the advert about the young man realising he is turning into his Dad. I think it is for Amazon. I hate the cordial advert where the Mum and son are laughing at his bad behaviour after the teacher has spoken to them at the end of the day. It sends out the wrong message

shysal Fri 14-Aug-26 12:06:11

I like the anxious dog owner pacing and waiting for the outcome of his pet's vet treatment (with the Supervet). advertising pet insurance I think.
As opposed to some GNetters' views, I quite like the little girl's demanding shopping list with her father.

Calendargirl Fri 14-Aug-26 06:55:13

So much better than the ghastly train adverts with the puppet with red hair jumping about.

Septimia Thu 13-Aug-26 18:21:05

I like that one, too.

AskAlice Thu 13-Aug-26 18:18:43

And me ferry23!