Gransnet forums

Chat

Migrants again.

(87 Posts)
Badgerboy Wed 12-Aug-26 09:57:31

This situation is just getting worse. What is the answer ?
Start from source.
Where and who produced this giant dinghy ?
Who transported it to the coast ? Who supplies all the life vests ? ....and surely somebody notices hundreds of people walking the streets ?
Then they take to the water and halfway the RNLI come and rescue them .......it is madness.
And before anyone feels sympathy for them , most of these migrants are men between 20 and 30 yrs old not a family escaping a war torn country.
Yet, while this was going on ,our so called Prime Minister was talking to people about the cost of living !
This subject along with the disgraceful decision of early release from prison is the only thing he should be talking about.

JenniRen Wed 12-Aug-26 21:57:12

And the way I read it smile
Getting hot and bothered today.

MissAdventure Wed 12-Aug-26 21:41:32

It's probably the way I wrote it. smile

Casdon Wed 12-Aug-26 21:41:31

I doubt anybody would disagree with you about that MissAdventure, it’s definitely an issue.

JenniRen Wed 12-Aug-26 21:39:36

Sorry if I misunderstood but that's how I read it.

MissAdventure Wed 12-Aug-26 21:37:44

We, meaning the uk, are part of the process.
Our sloppy amd poorly enforced conditions mean that the risk is worth taking, for people to endanger themselves in order to gain access.
Because there is a chance that they can disappear into the ether, and have a better quality of life than that they have left behind.

I see nothing shocking about my opinion, and obviously, I'd have thought, I'm not blaming the RNLI.
That would be ridiculous.

Bukkie Wed 12-Aug-26 19:59:29

Again Terribull there's no point me adding to your post because I agree with you. We do however have some very far left friends who think we should accept everyone and say snidey comments about home grown criminals and dismiss crimes like the Brighton gang rape as a one off when challenged. I always think they believe are morally superior and would quickly change their minds if they were the victims of such a crime or suddenly got a HMO next door to them.

Meandrogrog Wed 12-Aug-26 19:12:12

JenniRen

No the UK does not have blood on its hands and that is quite a shocking thing to say. Our RNLI , RN put their own lives at risk to rescue people in our waters.

Those who have blood on their hands are people smugglers and those manufacturing and selling boats, lifejackets etc to desperate people.

Yes I thought it was shocking too. Who exactly in the UK is responsible?

eazybee Wed 12-Aug-26 18:48:55

I don’t think it’s for us to judge what our PM prioritises, it’s his job to make these decisions, not ours.

Ye gods.

Primrose53 Wed 12-Aug-26 18:42:06

Silvershadow

I think they’re very much left to get on with it. While they’re in these barracks they have football skills, clown skills, arts and crafts. In reality they need to be told, forcefully, one step out of line and back you go. They don’t respect us and why should they? It’s all too easy for them.

You forgot yoga and dancing. 🤣🤣

Silvershadow Wed 12-Aug-26 17:53:16

I think they’re very much left to get on with it. While they’re in these barracks they have football skills, clown skills, arts and crafts. In reality they need to be told, forcefully, one step out of line and back you go. They don’t respect us and why should they? It’s all too easy for them.

TerriBull Wed 12-Aug-26 17:43:31

I do wonder Bukkie why there is a tendancy with some to skirt over, or around the issue of the girls and women who have been abused at the hands of asylum seekers. One murdered!
How would any of us feel if any were our daughter or granddaughter. Or should we just accept there will be some collateral damage in trying to absorb so many single men from different cultures. Just to pre empt the usual 'ah but what about our own British nationals who commit these crimes too' Accepted! They're just as bad, but we can't deport them can we?, they're here and every nation will have their own homegrown miscreants. What I continually wonder are these men inculcated on how they will be expected to behave, cultural differences, what is and isn't acceopable. Or are they in fact pretty much abandoned wherever they're accommodated and left to get on with it hmm

Bukkie Wed 12-Aug-26 17:14:02

As pet usual Terribull you speak common sense.

Primrose53 Wed 12-Aug-26 17:10:38

JenniRen

"Anyone attending any hospital or medical centre must be grateful for so many of this so-called army of foreigners, without them we would be in much problems."

The staff working in our hospitals and NHS came in by legal routes and often trained at universities here too then stayed.
They did not arrive in small boats across the Channel.

It is wrong to conflate the two.

Very wrong to conflate the two as many of us constantly point out.

Likewise we point out that they are fleeing France not a war torn country. Millions of people holiday in France so it can’t be that bad.

MissAdventure Wed 12-Aug-26 15:59:36

The whole issue is untenable, from the people crossing illegally, those who are victims of people who shouldn't be here, about whom nothing is known.
All of it.
It just cannot carry on.

rosie1959 Wed 12-Aug-26 15:54:45

Badgerboy

What we are all missing is these migrants flee their country for whatever reason and cross many countries to get to the UK.
They can settle in a safer country nearer home but choose this arduous journey and travel across Europe to reach Northern France and they alone chose to put themselves and or their family in a dangerous boat.
No one has blood on their hands , the Migrants chose this way themselves.
I have much sympathy with the babies being forced to do this but not the adults who know better.

Totally agree with your comments if a person chooses to get into an overcrowded blow up dinghy to cross a busy shipping lane to escape the safety of France then the risk is theirs alone. Fortunately for them our RNLI picks them up or many more would drown.
As for the poor baby being brought over on these death traps the parents should be charged with neglect

Chocolatelovinggran Wed 12-Aug-26 15:52:02

Who is our " so called" Prime Minister, Badgerboy?

JenniRen Wed 12-Aug-26 15:38:02

Daddima

Silvershadow

Sago

MissAdventure

I think the uk has blood on it's hands every time a life is lost in the crossings.

Also France.

I think the UK has blood on its hands every time one of our own is raped, murdered, assaulted by these unvetted savage men in our midst.

And what about all the ‘vetted’ men who proclaim themselves to have the interests of ‘our own’ women and children at heart?

That's a red herring.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 12-Aug-26 15:22:42

No wonder ‘Border Farce’ is its nickname.
Bigger boats now.

I posted this earlier.

Summer isn’t over by a long chalk.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 12-Aug-26 15:20:41

JenniRen

"Anyone attending any hospital or medical centre must be grateful for so many of this so-called army of foreigners, without them we would be in much problems."

The staff working in our hospitals and NHS came in by legal routes and often trained at universities here too then stayed.
They did not arrive in small boats across the Channel.

It is wrong to conflate the two.

In one.
🎯

Badgerboy Wed 12-Aug-26 15:15:53

What we are all missing is these migrants flee their country for whatever reason and cross many countries to get to the UK.
They can settle in a safer country nearer home but choose this arduous journey and travel across Europe to reach Northern France and they alone chose to put themselves and or their family in a dangerous boat.
No one has blood on their hands , the Migrants chose this way themselves.
I have much sympathy with the babies being forced to do this but not the adults who know better.

Daddima Wed 12-Aug-26 14:58:44

Silvershadow

Sago

MissAdventure

I think the uk has blood on it's hands every time a life is lost in the crossings.

Also France.

I think the UK has blood on its hands every time one of our own is raped, murdered, assaulted by these unvetted savage men in our midst.

And what about all the ‘vetted’ men who proclaim themselves to have the interests of ‘our own’ women and children at heart?

Silvershadow Wed 12-Aug-26 14:21:10

Sago

MissAdventure

I think the uk has blood on it's hands every time a life is lost in the crossings.

Also France.

I think the UK has blood on its hands every time one of our own is raped, murdered, assaulted by these unvetted savage men in our midst.

JenniRen Wed 12-Aug-26 14:11:37

No the UK does not have blood on its hands and that is quite a shocking thing to say. Our RNLI , RN put their own lives at risk to rescue people in our waters.

Those who have blood on their hands are people smugglers and those manufacturing and selling boats, lifejackets etc to desperate people.

Sago Wed 12-Aug-26 12:18:31

MissAdventure

I think the uk has blood on it's hands every time a life is lost in the crossings.

Also France.

JenniRen Wed 12-Aug-26 11:59:08

"Anyone attending any hospital or medical centre must be grateful for so many of this so-called army of foreigners, without them we would be in much problems."

The staff working in our hospitals and NHS came in by legal routes and often trained at universities here too then stayed.
They did not arrive in small boats across the Channel.

It is wrong to conflate the two.