Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 30th July 2026

(62 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 30-Jul-26 04:56:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but dry here in Brackley this morning.
Today a busy day after Breakfast i have my chiropodist, before I get the bus to Bicester, and this afternoon a appointment with a Doctor at my surgery as to things .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Liberty Thu 30-Jul-26 14:24:13

And I used to love carefully unwrapping the orange cellophane from the bottle and seeing an orange world through it.

Beechnut Thu 30-Jul-26 13:50:17

We knew mum believed us if she bought us a bottle of Lucozade 😀

Georgesgran Thu 30-Jul-26 13:45:40

Yes, TheWeirdo you probably read that was invented in 1927 in Newcastle by a pharmacist William Walker Hunter. Yes, as a sort of medicine, but I read it had one of the greatest resurgences in history after it was marketed as an energy drink.

TheWeirdoAgain60 Thu 30-Jul-26 12:04:30

Good urm, midday, Michael12 and all!

I'm a very happy bunny for 3 main reasons!

1-Yesterday it was raining slightly, like a sort of misty type, then when I looked out of the bedroom window about 10ish last night, everything was very shiny and wet, and it was coming down quite hard!

2-Last night, I bought myself something I'd normally only have once a year - Lucozade, which was originally Glucozade when invented as a medicine in 1929! I went to Spar and bought 2, 900ml bottles, costing me £4.18. One in the fridge and the other on my bedside table, along with a bottle of water and a bottle of water/orange juice. Sometimes I just need a fizz fix late night/early hours!

3-My boss lets me have personal parcels delivered here to the shop, being I'm out a lot; if it's too big to push through the letterbox, then it comes here. On Facebook, I follow Felixbellawillow; Felix is the tuxedo, his sister Willow is multicoloured, and their late sister, Bella.

They've written 4 books - ''Felix & Willow Cat Tails of Mischief and Mayhem'' ''Felix & Willow The Bodmin Burger Bandit'' ''Felix & Willow The Barn Years of Trouble and Triumph'' and ''Felix & Willow Good Morning To Chaos''. All by M L Scott.

The Barn Years arrived here at work yesterday afternoon, so I've got all 4 of the paperbacks! For any of you on Facebook, YouTube, or TikTok who love cats, I recommend you follow them; they're absolutely hilarious!

So I'll start reading The Barn Years tonight while stuffing Rum and Raisin ice cream in my gob!

See you all later!

GrannySomerset Thu 30-Jul-26 12:03:57

I share your enthusiasm for small triumphs, Marydoll, a line of drying washing is always a delight.

Have just finished a useful conversation with our financial advisor who reminds me that I should be giving money away if I think my choices are better than the Chancellor’s. I just need to know how long I will live and in what state of health!

A quiet week of not much apart from being waterer in chief locally as so many people are away. Just hope I can keep all my charges alive for a few more days.

Marydoll Thu 30-Jul-26 11:51:38

Thank you all, 💕I am now over my wobble. I just felt overwhelmed, especially when I discovered a PC update had wiped out my Gmail account.
However, I went into IT Co-ordinator mode and just made a new account and was able to retrieve everything. I haven't lost my touch.
My IT engineers, DS and SIL are mightily relieved, that I won't be calling on their services.

DIL, has no filters, that's the problem, she does it all the time. However, it doesn't stop me loving her like my own daughter.

I am ecstatic, I have a washing on, nearly ready to go out in the sun and strong breeze!

Roses Thu 30-Jul-26 11:34:50

Glad you have got your appointments R L
Good luck

EVEOHA2602 Thu 30-Jul-26 11:32:49

🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Jaxjacky Thu 30-Jul-26 11:28:01

Go steady * Blossoming*!!

Blossoming Thu 30-Jul-26 11:24:19

Good morning everyone from sunny 23° Lancashire.

MrB and I have been for a walk around the Dock. There’s a stiff breeze which is very welcome on such a warm day. I’m struggling with what I can only describe as muscle fatigue, plodding rather than skipping. I’m not actually sure if I can skip these days, I may try it later while holding on to something grin

Wishing you all a good day whatever you’re doing 🌹

Redcar Thu 30-Jul-26 11:15:41

marydoll that was very insensitive of your DiL, your health issues would have many of us taking to our beds permanently.
You obviously put on a very brave face. I do hope the dentist can do something useful to ease the pain in your mouth.
flowers

aggie Thu 30-Jul-26 11:07:43

Good Morning from a dull Co Armagh, sun wa blazing a few minutes ago !
Glad things are moving along for you R+L
I can’t understand why your DIL should be so mean MD
I literally candles for you both .
The entire chapel was startled as I dropped my purse at the candles , I scurried away , and waited to retrieve my loose change after Mass !
Best wishes for a pleasant day xx

latedecember1963 Thu 30-Jul-26 10:37:01

Good morning everyone from a dull but clammy Lancashire.

So pleased about your news, Mick. I'm sure it's a weight off your mind.

This time next week you'll have had your op, RosesandLilac. Try to take it steady between now and then because you'll need to be well rested to recover.

Hope you manage to get help from the dentist, Marydoll. A sore mouth is miserable. You are certainly not a wimp!! You are incredibly stoical in the face of all your daily challenges.

Hope your cystitis clears up soon, Georgesgran. My mum and MiL suffered from it occasionally and it used to wipe them out.

Water and a few containers are amazing toys, aren't they Whiteswan63? Even a washing up bowl will surfice. Lovely messy play and they're learning at the same time without realising it. A fun way for us to keep cool too.

Our plans are to meet up at a local cafe with a couple of church friends this morning. It's part of a wool shop so I might just have a look at the wools, not that I need any more!

Wishing you all the best day possible. 🌻

dragonfly46 Thu 30-Jul-26 10:06:19

A late good morning from Leicestershire I was having a lie in to let my back ease before attempting to get up.

Nothing much on the cards today so will attempt to do some washing. It is very frustrating as my back pain prevents me hanging it out!

I am shocked y your DinL’s message Marydoll. I think they should be told how poorly you and your DH are. It sounds as if she is still feeling sorry for herself.

Good news that things are starting to happen Rosesandlilac good luck today and I hope it goes well on Tuesday. It seems strange that you haven’t actually met your surgeon.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Marydoll Thu 30-Jul-26 09:40:30

Georgesgran, I hope you feel better soon.

Your poor friend, I can fully understand how she feels.

DIL sent me a message, telling me that I was reasonably healthy, no reason to feel sorry for myself.
That just finished me off! It's my own fault, I am so good at covering up.
When did I become such a wimp?

I have been in tears, on the phone to the dentist. My gum is tender and I can't afford to have an infection in it, given my immunity levels.

Georgesgran Thu 30-Jul-26 09:31:08

Good morning from Durham. It’s a bright, sunny start - yesterday was almost autumnal, with dead leaves being blown from the trees.
Unfortunately, my poorly friend wants to give today’s meet up a miss. I’m so sorry that she’s so unwell at the moment. She prefers to lock herself away, but has a partner (don’t live together) who is popping in to see her a couple of times a day. She thinks her usual RA blood tests tomorrow will reveal she’s anaemic.
I have cystitis - trivial by comparison, but the usual antibiotics will clear it. I won’t venture far from home though today.
You’ve been very patient Roses I’m pleased wheels are in motion now. I can’t think of what to sympathize with first MD so I can understand your excitement over the white goods - may they be delivered and installed properly!

Best wishes to all. X

loopyloo Thu 30-Jul-26 09:20:34

Hi everyone.,wishing you a good appt this morning.
Yesterday had physio in the morning had not done enough exercises.
Then went for a brain MRI.
Temp was 34° but lovely fan in the bus and the scan itself was the coolest I'd been for ages.
I think lots of people might leave London for the summer or move permanently as this is going to continue.
We had a mouse upstairs on Monday but not seen him since.
We have a trap set.
Have a good day

Puss Thu 30-Jul-26 09:10:57

Good morning from Belfast
We have blue skies today and a breeze. Yesterday a bit of a disaster got up opened the windows, went to put the washing out and guess what someone had decided to put manure out in the fields beside us. Windows shut quickly no washing out.
Usually they pipe it onto fields but not this time.
Made sausage rolls and the usual housework.
Going out today with DD she will have to get her lunch so we will go somewhere nice.
Have a best day you can .

Jaxjacky Thu 30-Jul-26 09:05:19

Morning from an overcast S Hants, cooler today after scorching yesterday.
I’m so pleased R&L it’s taken long enough, my best wishe over the coming days.
I must start ringing round today for quotes as we have at least one loose roof tile, cue weeks of rain! (I wish).
Finalise Tesco list, water tomatoes and at least think about dinner are my next jobs.
Have a decent day.
🦩🦩

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Thu 30-Jul-26 08:51:12

Good to hear things are finally in motion for you R&L. You have been amazing whilst waiting (and worrying I bet).

Usedtobeblonde Thu 30-Jul-26 08:42:42

Good morning from Stockport, the ground is damp but no rain currently and warm.
So pleased for you R&L, things happening at last.
In the “good old days” of the NHS I had my biopsy for BC on Dec 1st, results at clinic 8th Dec, operation Dec 16th .
Those days will never return.
My cleaners are coming today for an initial deep clean, I am so looking forward to it, sorry to say the house needs it.
I hope those of you praying for rain get some soon but in the meantime stay cool and hydrated.

Melanie61 Thu 30-Jul-26 08:37:19

Roses, hope all goes well flowers

Grannydaisy1 Thu 30-Jul-26 08:28:16

r&l good luck today and next week. Thinking of you.
karmalady love your top. It's beautiful. One talented lady

NannyJan53 Thu 30-Jul-26 08:28:09

Good morning from a cooler Black Country, where there is a very light shower at the moment! Hardly making an impression at all.

I have a Mammogram appointment this morning. As I am over 70 I had to ring and request it. Not looking forward to it, but needs must. So will miss my Thursday walk.

MrJ is off to Coventry to be with his DD as her Mum has to be out for the day with work, she usually works from home. Hopefully it won't be too long now before his DD will be able to weight bear on her leg and be back to normal!

DS and family are in St.Ives, he sent a photo of them all with 'Tyrone' from Corrie on the beach! Apparently he visits there regularly.

Hoping all goes well for you R&L thank goodness action is being taken.

Wishing you all the best day possible

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Thu 30-Jul-26 08:12:53

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it has rained during the night. Alexa says 21°C sunny with no rain today (I asked). Hmm. We have a great deal of white cloud at present and I can’t see the Pennines on the horizon so we will see.

L’il Miss will be here at 10am till noon as her mum has an appointment then this afternoon I’m meeting a retired friend who was an ex colleague, for drinks. We used to share an office in the hospital. She was superb to work with and made me laugh many a time. This will be the first get together since Himself died and I’m very much looking forward to her company.