I try to support charities, as and when I can, whether it is giving good things to their shops, money, or going to a coffee morning or whatever. On a limited budget, I chose to support 3 different charities constantly over time, and whatever else I could help with as and when.
I do understand why charities want to have regular donations, especially when they can claim back tax etc etc. However , it seems whenever you are able to give something, you get a letter back , more to ask you to commit to donating more every month , than grateful for what you have been able to do. So much so, that in a lot of cases I now choose to donate what I can manage into the tins, or give cash or goods into their shops, so that I am sure it is going where I want it to. I know they all need to be supported, but I wonder if they sometimes put people off by always asking for more.
Good Morning Saturday 10th October 2026
Alphabetical Flora (trees, flowers etc)
Alphabetical Fauna (mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects etc.)


