I think I'd pop my clogs...never mind pass out. I feel so sorry for you. My sister is housebound. and because she sits all the time she is always chilly, even in this heat. She has a cleaner and she called to say she won't come in until the heatwave has passed. I agreed and explained to my sister that it would be unbearable for her to work in there as she never wants windows or doors opened or a fan . Yes it is better in heat to keep the sun out but the sun isn't at the back of the house so you can get a bit of a through draught. Government are being advised that hospitals, care homes and schools will need money invested for air conditioning because of climate change. Does she have a family member you can contact to explain for future heatwaves? It wouldn't be a huge inconvenience if you said you'd have to come at the end of the week. You have all my sympathy.
Waitrose has stopped providing bags for loose veg.
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.


