The fact that some people may not remember which spelling /word to use may not be to do with a bad education! Maybe some posters have a specific learning difficulty /dylexia and find it very hard to identify differences such as of/off, there, their, they're, lose/loose. But handy phrases, such as Bags demonstrated can help ..so good idea to share and identify common errors.
I always try to tell someone if they have food stuck on a tooth or dress in knickers.. and kindly pointing out word errors is similar... it stops embarrassment and hopefully not continued posting!
I make frequent errors due to poor typing skills and lack of checking.. but am also a poor speller!
Gransnet forums
Chat
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »
I will diet honestly!
