HelterSkelter1 thank you. I call my posts rambles as I just write what pops into my head. I am glad I have helped you .
I thought I had to be brave for everyone else I was a fool but at 45 what did I know about bone crushing grief. Thats why I always say don't hold your grief in only wish someone had told me. I know you are going through the stage you feel like I did you had to force yourself to wash ,brush your teeth and hair. Get dressed. As it seems pointless. But you have to . If I didn't I would have let my husband down . Plus our daughter was in final year at uni and son at college. She graduated few months after her dad died and came home to help her brother get through A levels . They both left 2 years after their dad died its what I wanted. Our daughter wasn't using her education and son went to uni. Its what I wanted them to do. They needed to live their own lives.
I had both parents and mother in law to look after until they all died.
Like Allsorts hated the silence so even now when I wake at 5 for the start of taking my tablets classic fm is on . Listening to it as I type. Like Allsorts I felt how can I live the next 30 + years alone . Answer you take it one day at a time. I felt if I didn't speak to people then I wouldn't want talk .
My brother says I have verbal diarrhoea as I am a chatterbox . I make a point of saying hello or good morning as you never know if you are the only person they talk to all day. Have done that since my husband died.
Hopefully this will make everyone smile. Yesterday went to Stonehaven for the day. I had a lovely tapas lunch the was walking alone and suddenly this dog came straight to me dragging its owner he came to my waist and leant on me . I asked the owner if I could pet him . He said that's what he came for. His name was Merlin a greyhound crossed with something very furry. Was told I must be a good person as Merlin picked me out he doesn't go to just anyone. I laughed and said don't know about that. Was told he always trusts Merlins judgement. The man's wife came out of a shop and said she always has to look where they are as Merlin finds people he likes. Had a nice chat with them they had been married 46 years . And we parted
There was a pub and cheekily asked if I could use the loo. Then had a chat with they owner. Outside a large poodle came straight to me her name was Nova . This time it was a young couple in their 20's . Had a chat .
Thankfully I got of over my fear of dogs when my son and daughter in law had 2 . I was attacked twice as a child. And made myself get over my fear.
I seem to mainly attract large dogs . I am no slim Jim but size 16. My husband would laugh his socks off me attracting large dogs. Hope that has given someone a smile.
I have found since I moved to the north west 7 years ago the strangest things happen to me mostly good only couple of things that where bad. But those where other people's choice not mine. But I don't dwell on them and live my life to the full like my husband wanted.
Moving changed my life and may seem odd but glad my husband never lived in my bungalow. When he died our house was no longer home . He was my home . I existed didn't have a life . My bungalow is home and member of sit fit class ,move it or lose it class and a contemporary chorus choir which I go to weekly. I am not a good singer but love singing. Its a choir for people who want to sing . No audition just asked do you sing high or low so said low seems I am an Alto. But I was 61 before I moved and did it on my own . Now 68 looking at my life now I laugh. But I know my husband would be proud of me.
As usual rambled on . Everyone here you are not alone and write how you feel don't hold your feeling in you will be understood. Write what you can't say in real life . Its what I do . We start as strangers but I feel we become friends just by our words. Hugs to you all.
No good reason still to vote Tory
Wedding Present Dinner Service.



