My ex partner died in 2007, at the time of his death we'd been apart for 5 years.
Our parting was due to his alcoholism and I could write a novel on what we suffered through this.
When he died, the hospital contacted me... I was still listed as his 'next of kin' and due to his drinking, none of his family would get involved.
I talked it through with my son and we agreed that the right thing to do was step in and arrange things, which we did.
The love had long gone but I still felt a deep affection for the man he'd been.
The date of his birthday recently passed and for some reason it hit me like a ton of bricks and I can't seem to shake it off.
I cried like a baby last night and I don't know how to deal with it.
Gransnet forums
Bereavement
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »

Life is so complicated at times.