Hi everyone,
Well, I explained in a way that most of you suggested, but my nurse seemed a little reluctant to engage with me. I asked her if she could just take a look at what she was taking off to see if there was any differences. There's a student nurse there at the moment who backed me up (as much as she felt confident in doing so) and said that she thought replacement nurse may have used a different kind of padding.
Anyway, I think my nurse took heed, she did a bit of mumbling but at the moment it seems ok. She's on holiday now for two weeks and she said there could be a possibility I'll be discharged before she comes back - and one of the nurses standing in is the one I had earlier this week, so it works in my favour.
Thanks everyone for all your wise words. 