Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Sweater with left overs

(47 Posts)
Purplepixie Sun 04-Oct-26 17:39:05

Hi all
Just finished this sweater for myself with left over yarn. All James C Brett.
Pattern is JB435
Thanks for looking

Purplepixie Wed 07-Oct-26 06:37:38

Thank you. Not slept much last night so I’m sat with a cuppa and knitting my next jumper. Have a great day.

Mauduit24 Tue 06-Oct-26 11:09:22

Purplepixie

Hi all
Just finished this sweater for myself with left over yarn. All James C Brett.
Pattern is JB435
Thanks for looking

That’s gorgeous and a great idea for using up the left over wool .

Shinamae Tue 06-Oct-26 09:54:33

grannybuy

Stripes and Fairisle are great for using leftovers. I was lucky that , in the end, I had enough to finish this one. Checking my stash again to see what I can do next.

Just WOW!!! 😁

Witzend Tue 06-Oct-26 09:44:57

grannybuy

Stripes and Fairisle are great for using leftovers. I was lucky that , in the end, I had enough to finish this one. Checking my stash again to see what I can do next.

That’s really lovely!

Purplepixie Tue 06-Oct-26 09:39:02

Thank you 🙏 x

Esmay Tue 06-Oct-26 07:10:35

You really are a knitting genius -something that I'll never be !

Purplepixie Tue 06-Oct-26 06:42:05

grannybuy

Stripes and Fairisle are great for using leftovers. I was lucky that , in the end, I had enough to finish this one. Checking my stash again to see what I can do next.

Wow! Your cardigan is beautiful and very well put together. I love it.

poppysmum Mon 05-Oct-26 16:53:30

real autumn colours well done

Primrose53 Mon 05-Oct-26 16:39:15

Very nice Purplepixie. James C Brett yarn is really good value and has some lovely colours.

Jenny62 Mon 05-Oct-26 16:34:06

That’s gorgeous

Niochorio Mon 05-Oct-26 15:31:50

Beautiful sweater Purplepixie 😍😍. Could you tell me the pattern name and number please.Thank you.

libra10 Mon 05-Oct-26 15:30:27

Beautiful design and colours.

grannybuy Mon 05-Oct-26 15:09:45

Stripes and Fairisle are great for using leftovers. I was lucky that , in the end, I had enough to finish this one. Checking my stash again to see what I can do next.

4allweknow Mon 05-Oct-26 14:48:43

Work of art. Looks like you or someone fortunate to wear your creation will be lovely and warm.

Harmony47 Mon 05-Oct-26 14:43:12

Gorgeous, it looks beautifully knitted

Chaitriona Mon 05-Oct-26 14:39:51

Nice

Purplepixie Mon 05-Oct-26 14:28:57

Thank you everyone.

Nurseundercover Mon 05-Oct-26 14:10:10

Beautiful includes all the natural autumnal colours. I wish I had the patience to complete a knitting project. I used to knit all my children’s knitwear from matinee sets to cardigans and jumpers, but with arthritis just too uncomfortable.
I agree with others Gransnet should have a sell section, people pay a lot for hand knitted jumpers as unique as yours.
Thank you for sharing this with us. Happy knitting smile

AmberGran Mon 05-Oct-26 13:48:12

I love the colours too - not colours I would have put together but they go really well. I don't think I have enough imagination grin Looks just the thing for Autumn.

Witzend Mon 05-Oct-26 10:58:47

That’s brilliant - gorgeous colours! 👏👏

CarrotTop Mon 05-Oct-26 09:23:04

Unique! I love the cable, well done!

Lovetopaint037 Mon 05-Oct-26 09:21:15

It’s beautiful. Love it.

Peacelilydilly Mon 05-Oct-26 07:58:59

Wow lovely jumper using your stash. I'm the same lots of balls of wool I've collected but not enough for a complete garment. I've started crocheting again instead of knitting and have made a cardigan using granny squares a good way to use up your stash and also hexi cardigan.

Chocolatelovinggran Mon 05-Oct-26 07:03:50

Brilliant, Purplepixie, and what a great use of your stash.
I'm impressed by your plan to buy no more yarn. You'll let us know how that goes, I hope....

nanna8 Mon 05-Oct-26 03:48:08

That’s fabulous. The wool balls I have over don’t really match each other,too pale but yours are really lovely.